Lucam Lives Puts The Life Into Living Because We Care
We are passionate about providing quality care to all of the people we support. We aim to maximise the potential in each person. Lucam Lives support clients with Learning Disabilities and Mental health needs within a supported Living setting. You will support our clients to live an independent life whilst supporting them to access the local community, build relationships with their families and friends and live a happy and meaningful life.
We are a company that as an employer we will support our staff to personally develop and achieve goals within this industry.
About the Support Worker role:
We are looking for enthusiastic individuals with the passion and confidence work in our Mental Health Service. This is an exciting opportunity for individuals with drive, passion, and a determination to succeed. We would particularly welcome applications from people with experience in mental health. If you can support individuals to fulfil their potential and to provide high quality, person-centred support, then this is the role for you.
The service operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, there are full-time 36 hours a week or Part-time 22 hours on a rota which includes weekends, 12 hour shifts, early and late shifts.
• Support those in our service to live their lives to the fullest
• Help to write their care plans and understand when risk assessments may be needed and be passionate about promoting person centred care.
• Be there to assist the people we support in daily activities, social interactions, and outings either in a group setting or on a 121 basis.
• Assist the people we support with their health needs as required, which may include administering medication and attending medical appointments.
• Keep daily paperwork up to date to ensure we have captured everything that has happened in the day
• You will work positively with colleagues, families, and external organisations to assist with supporting our residents.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills are needed
• Be able to work alone and part of a team
• Help with all personal care such as washing, dressing, toileting, as per care plan.
• Carry out instructions by senior staff in an efficient and conscientious manner.
Experience and skills required:
• It is an advantage to have NVQ 2 in Health and Social Care but if not we will support you in completing this
• It is an advantage to have experience in a support work role but not essential
• You will be highly motivated to deliver outstanding care and support.
• We will provide the right candidate a range of training and specialist development opportunities