Are you a caring and passionate, Clinical Lead GP based in the Essex area?
Our client, one of the top-rated health services in the UK, are looking for 2 Clinical Lead GP’s to deliver care within NHS services.
Hours:40 hours per week – 1-2 days Clinical Lead & 4 days GP
Location: Chelmsford or Witham – May be required to travel to sites within the area
Our client is a highly rated NHS health and social care partner and a leader in the healthcare arena. You will also have the opportunity to join their clinical specialism which will involve networking with professionals from across the UK. In addition to working within the service, the role of the GP Clinical Lead will be to provide leadership in Clinical Governance matters, as well as to provide mentorship, guidance and support to practice Practitioners working within the services.
The GP Clinical Lead is an integral member of the practice Senior Management Team (SMT) and will participate in key decisions relating to the management and strategic direction of the practice. This is an excellent opportunity for someone seeking a salaried position with additional responsibility.
- Act as a point of reference for salaried GPs to provide guidance, advice and mentorship
- Provide guidance to salaried GPs in relation to their learning and development, including PDP needs, in line with VH Drs policies and procedures
- Provide leadership within the practice on clinical governance matters, liaising closely with Practice Manager and other members of the senior management team.
- Ensure salaried GPs and clinical staff work to required performance standards including using regular audit, case reviews and directly observed consultations.
- Actively represent the practice and patients at CCG and locality meetings.
- Maintains the highest clinical standards at all times and practices in accordance with accepted good medical practice and service standards.
- Promotes the health and well-being of all medical and clinical staff within the practice by promoting efficient working methods and behaviours.
- Keeps up to date with advances in medicine and practices in line with national and local guidance and support other medical and clinical staff to do the same.
- Promotes the application of standards, protocols and codes of practice as set by Royal College of General Practitioners, General Medical Council, all other Royal Colleges and Councils applicable to the staff within the practice, Department of Health, Commissioning Bodies and all other regulatory and standard setting organizations
- Provide clinical advice and guidance to all practitioners caring for patients of the Practice.
- Full GMC Registration, MBChB or equivalent
- UK permit or right to work in the United Kingdom
- GP Vocational or additional experience in Practice
- Commitment to professional development
- Knowledge of the NHS
- Understands the importance of evidence-based practice and clinical effectiveness
- Understanding of Clinical Governance and quality issues and health and social policy
- Ability to make good clear concise medical notes, both computerized and manual
- A ‘solutions focused’ approach
- Ability to listen and empathise
- Previous management or supervisory role experience
- Able to perform minor surgery
- Experience of GP Clinical systems
- Generous Salary plus NHS pension
- Access to support for Training and Career Progression – working closely with Universities and Health Education England
- You will be offered a combination of in-house eLearning, workshops and courses to support your development.
- Flexible working patterns to help support your work/life balance.
- Excellent Offer and Discount scheme – One of the best benefit schemes around!
- Access to online platform including support information