Registered Nurse – required for a care centre – Wirral based
This role would be ideal for a RMN, however RNLD or RGN with experience of working with challenging behaviour could be considered.
Salary: £16-£17 per hour – Paid Breaks
Hours: 36 hours per week
About the Care Centre:
- The purpose built care centre provides care for people with complex health needs including Huntington’s disease and dementia along with an extended ABI unit with the centre.
- The centre has three units with their own specialisations.
- There is a specialised unit offering care and rehabilitation to people with an Acquired Brain Injury (typically, but not limited to alcohol and drug abuse).
- This is a unique service which facilitated a pilot scheme incorporating research into the possibility of improving the cognitive damage caused to people who have misused alcohol. The whole ethos of this specialised service is to re-enable the service user to the optimum level of ability they can achieve. The long-term goal is always for full discharge back into the community but may have to incorporate some degree of supported living.
- The two other units focus on the delivery of care and welfare of people with early onset dementia and cognitive impairment and on the care of people with cognitive impairment and associated behavioural issues which may place themselves and others at risk.
- RMN or RNLD Qualified
- Enthusiastic and dynamic
- Professional and compassionate
- Work within the NMC code of Practice
- Computer literate
- Motivated to work within a multidisciplinary setting
- Able to work flexible shift patterns
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- Enjoy working with patients who may present with challenging behaviours and have complex mental health problems