Residential Home Manager required for Large Residential Home based in Ormskirk.
Salary: £50,000 + Bonus
Hours: Full Time – 48 hours per week
CQC: Good Overall and in all 5 areas.
We seek an individual who likes a challenge and is a key team player in seeking to improve the lives of others, with a depth of knowledge that they can relate to the strategic aims and objectives of the business. The successful candidate will be dedicated, driven, innovative, intrinsically motivated, working under their own initiative with a high level of emotional intelligence and a strong leader.
Responsibilities of Home Manager:
As a Registered Homes Manager, you’ll be responsible for meeting national minimum standards of care issued by relevant bodies such as the Care Quality Commission (CQC) – the independent regulator of health and social care in England.
Responsible for all managerial aspects of the home; with your top priority being to focus on ensuring the best standards of care are maintained, exceeding CQC and other regulatory bodies’ expectations. Be open and supportive to members of your staff team and motivate them to ensure that person-centred care is being delivered.
- Patient care and management
- Being analytical
- Problem solving
- Being assertive and respectful
- Communication and listening
- Stress management
- Being self-motivated
- Being efficient and thorough
- Being patient and compassionate
What do you need?
- Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management for Residential Childcare or a qualification that is equivalent
- Full Driving license
- At least 3 years previous experience working in the care of the elderly
- Previous Dementia care experience is essential
- Knowledge and understanding of CQC essential standards – your current home will be rated Good or above
- Experience of dealing with inspectorate essential