Pay: £20,424 – £25,212 (DOE)
NVQ level 3 Children & Young People/ Level 3 Health & Social care – Children & Young People is essential
Driving license is essential
The service/company prides itself on being able to empower young people into becoming self-sufficient and resourceful young adults who are able to move on independently to their own accommodation.
Main purpose of the role:
- To provide practical care to young people to increase their independent living skills,
- To be able to differentiate between young people, promoting self-esteem and self-awareness,
- To encourage achievement and to help the young people to reach their full potential to communicate effectively with multi agencies within the social care sector,
- Ensuring the transparency of the company is delivered consistently throughout the company.
- The ideal candidates will need to be highly motivated, approachable, non-judgemental and show diversity in their approach to working with young people
- Be able to offer advice,
- guidance and signpost to other organisations they can access.
- You will need to gain knowledge of the area you are working in.
- A good understanding of current government legislation. Experience of dealing with challenging behaviour. Knowledge of the main issues effecting young people today.
- Committed to providing an excellent level of care for our young people.
- Enthusiastic in your approach to tough challenges.
- Assertive in difficult situations.
- Able to remain calm under pressure.
- A strong communicator with great interpersonal skills.
- Full driving licence and your own vehicle
- Flexibility to travel and work shifts (A typical shift is 2 on 4 off and will include the requirement to sleep on the premises)
Key tasks are:
- Budgeting Education,
- Training and Education
- Living Skills