Senior Care Assistant required to work for a care home provider across 5 homes around the Merseyside area, within residential and nursing homes for a small care provider group.
This is a full time permanent position and to be eligible you must hold a full UK driving license and be a car owner.
You must also have completed your NVQ Level 3 in Health & Social Care and have experience of delivering medication, domiciliary care, nursing or residential care for the elderly in a care home experience.
Salary: Up to £9.00/hour & £10.00/hour on weekends, +25p/mile travelling expenses
Qualification: NVQ Level 3 Health & Social Care (medication trained).
You will be responsible for supporting the manager and deputy manager in the smooth running of the shift. Ideally you will be organised with a flexible approach to your work and have good time management skills.
- To be responsible for the correct ordering, checking in and administration of medicines with due regard to procedures.
- To be responsible for the correct application of procedure in emergencies.
- Ensure that good working practices are always adhered to by all staff during their working hours
- To report any areas where best practice can be improved for individual residents.
- To be responsible for the correct keeping of all documentation i.e. Care plans, charts, accident forms etc.
- To participate and supervise other members of staff and identify any training needs and to liaise these needs to the manager.
The role requires individuals who:
- Are flexible in their approach and sensitive to the needs of residents
- Enjoy the company of older people
- Have experience caring for older or vulnerable people
- Work well as part of a team
- Will play an essential role in leading care and ancillary staff members in all aspects of our service to residents
- Have the ability to form positive relationships with residents, their families and professional colleagues
- Have a NVQ Level 3 in health and social care.
- A willingness to train and develop further.
Please apply below to be considered for this vacancy and our recruitment team will be in touch soon!