Residential Childcare Practitioner – required to work as part of a professional team to promote and provide the highest standard of care for young people – 8-16 years olds.
QCF Level – Children & Young People, Qualification is essential to be considered for this role.
Salary: £21,000 – 25,000
Hours: 35 hours per week – 2 on 4 off Inc. sleep ins
You must be able to communicate effectively with children and young people and understand and empathise with the needs of the young people.
The service/company prides itself on being able to empower young people into becoming self-sufficient and resourceful young adults who are able to move on independently to their own accommodation.
Main purpose of the role:
- To provide practical care to young people to increase their independent living skills, to be able to differentiate between young people, promoting self-esteem and self-awareness, to encourage achievement and to help the young people to reach their full potential
- To communicate effectively with multi agencies within the social care sector, ensuring the transparency of the company is delivered consistently throughout the company.
- The ideal candidates will need to be highly motivated, approachable, non-judgmental and show diversity in their approach to working with young people, this will include:
- Be able to offer advice, guidance and signpost to other organisations they can access.
- You will need to gain knowledge of the area you are working in.
- A good understanding of current government legislation.
- Experience of dealing with challenging behaviour.
- Knowledge of the main issues effecting young people today.
Key tasks are:
- Education, Training and Education
- Living Skills
- Substance use
- Modern Social Issues