Senior Residential Care Practitioners required to work within a children’s residential setting supporting young people in the Wem area of Shropshire.
Senior Care Practitioners to work alongside management within the home and existing team to deliver a high quality of care and support to the children and young people in your care. You will contribute to individual Quality of Life Plans and provide a balanced programme of personal development focusing on social skills, independence and community involvement enabling the young people to achieve their full potential.
You will be contracted to a 2 on and 4 off shift pattern amounting to 48 hours per week. This therefore includes sleep-ins and an example shift patterns would be:
- Starting at the home at 8AM on a Monday morning and then leaving at 8AM on the Wednesday morning
- Sleep-ins are inclusive to your annual salary, however are paid at £68.40 per sleep in
- Your overtime rate will be £12.45-£13.40 per hour
Salary: £25,000-£27,000 per annum
Hours: 35 hours per week – 2 on 4 off Inc. sleep ins
Location: Wem, Shropshire
- Hold a relevant Level 3 Qualification.
- Committed to providing an excellent level of care for our young people.
- Enthusiastic in your approach to tough challenges.
- Assertive in difficult situations
- Able to remain calm under pressure.
- A strong communicator with great interpersonal skills.
- To apply for the role, you will require:
- Full driving licence and your own vehicle
- Flexibility to travel and work shifts (A typical shift is 2 on 4 off and will include the requirement to sleep on the premises)
- Highly competitive salary scales, and reward schemes.
- Employee Assistance Programme – 24-hour confidential support. Counselling, advice and assistance service.
- Excellent professional training, not just the basics but on-going skills development that is recognised as industry leading within the social care sector.
- Opportunities to join our Management Development Programme.
- Regular professional supervision and team support meetings.
- Clinical support and consultation to our teams.
- Career development and progression.
Please apply with your current CV below – interviews to be arranged immediately